Squeeeeal!! It’s always so exciting announcing a new project! If you follow me on social media (or if you subscribe to my email newsletter), you might have seen the title reveal of my newest series last week: CITY OF WISHES!
If you want to see the book trailer, click on the video below. Otherwise (if you’re not in a situation right now where you can watch a video with epic music!) you can read the brief description and all the other important info below the video 🙂
In a world of fae, vampires and shifters,
where wishes can be bought and bargained for,
fae royalty rule the land,
and the Godmother rules the illegal wish trade.
Elle is human, bound to her stepmother by a slave charm.
She cannot earn her freedom,
but she can wish for it.
If she pays the price the Godmother demands.
All About CITY OF WISHES
City of Wishes is a little different from my other series in that I’m writing it as a serial. i.e. shorter installments released more regularly rather than long novels released many months apart.
(Although, if you’ve been with me since the beginning, you may remember that that was how Creepy Hollow started out as well!)
So WHY am I writing City of Wishes this way? Honestly, because this story came to me in “episode” form rather than book form. Perhaps because I enjoy TV series a lot more than movies these days. Or because my reading habits have shifted as I’ve become busier and I’m reading shorter books more often than longer books.
Now, on to the launch date! I first planned to begin releasing this series late in March, but I’m now going to be away for a large part of April, and since I’ll be with family and don’t want to worry about working while I’m away, I don’t want to launch this series just before I leave.
So … Friday April 26th will be the launch!
I know that seems like a long way off, but as you’ll see below, YOU will actually be able to start reading the series THIS WEEK 😉
Here is ALL THE INFO:
- City of Wishes begins Friday, April 26th.
- Episodes will be released every second Friday.
- Episodes will be available on ALL retailers (including subscription services Scribd and Playster) as well as libraries.
- There will be 8-10 episodes (the series is a work in progress so I can’t give you an exact number yet).
- In terms of length, each episode is about a third of a novel (episode #1, for example, is just under 27,000 words, or roughly 120 pages in print).
- Episode #1 and #2 will be live on April 26th, with preorders becoming available for the episodes that follow.
- You get to read episode #1 for FREE before anyone else! I’ll be sharing it one or two chapters at a time in weekly emails to you, starting THIS FRIDAY!
- If you like physical editions of your books, there will be a paperback of each episode, BUT I’m also planning a beautiful big hardcover edition of the full “season” once it’s complete 😉
And that’s all the City of Wishes news for now 🙂
Make sure you’re signed up for my email newsletter if you want to start reading episode #1 this Friday!